Madoc Discount Storage Is A Mini Storage Facility Servicing Hastings County.
We offer storage units of various sizes at a low cost. Outdoor storage is also available on request. Keeping your belongings safe is as important to Madoc Discount Storage as it is to you! We believe that although you store your things on our property, you should be able to access them whenever YOU want. Our storage units are accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
At Madoc Discount Storage, you are able to access your storage units whenever you want. Our storage units are accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at our convenient location.
Payment will be automatically charged to your VISA or Mastercard.
To ensure you are the only one with access to your items, we require customers to supply their own locks.
Safe and secure for both long or short term. Outdoor storage is also available. Keeping your belongings safe is as important to Madoc Discount Storage as it is to you!
Please send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible
45 Hill Ave, Madoc, ON
Terms & Conditions
Madoc Discount Storage
1. This agreement covers rental of storage facilities at 45 Hill Avenue, Madoc, Ontario. This agreement is on a month to month basis, commencing on the date of purchase. The tenant will pay Madoc Discount Storage the above mentioned sum plus applicable taxes per month as rent for the use of the storage unit as outlined in the following rules and regulations.
Amount of Monthly Rent
2. Rent is payable in advance on the first day of each and every month. The tenant now gives the above mentioned rent amount plus applicable taxes as payment for the first month's rent.
Madoc Discount Storage is not responsible for Loss
3. The Tenant agrees and acknowledges that they are storing their goods at the storage unit at their own risk. Madoc Discount Storage shall not be liable or responsible for:
loss or damage however caused including fire, pest, rodent, or water damage
theft of any goods, chattels or any items which are stored at or in the storage unit or on the property
Use of the Storage Unit
4. The Tenant shall NOT store the following at the storage unit:
Anything which is illegal, dangerous, explosive, flammable or a fire hazard.
Anything which will interfere with the rights of other tenants of other storage units, or in any way annoys or injures them or their property
Anything that may cause or be a nuisance or produce an odor
Any items that would violate any health regulations or other laws
Anything that is food in nature, whether it is fresh, frozen, or dried
Any controlled substance, perishables or any living or dead animals under any circumstances
If the Tenant stores anything in the above mentioned storage unit which contravenes any part of the above mentioned list Madoc Discount Storage may terminate this agreement without notice.
5. The Tenant will provide and use their own lock on the storage unit.
6. The Tenant agrees that they are responsible to place their own insurance on the contents stored in the storage unit if they choose to.
7. The hereby tenant acknowledges that any contents stored in any storage unit or anywhere on the property are not covered by any insurance policy held by Madoc Discount Storage.
8. The Tenant shall have the right in common with other tenants to have access to their storage unit only by the access road and driveways provided. This right of entry by the Tenant is solely to allow the Tenant to place, examine or remove their goods in or from the storage unit. The Tenant may invite any other persons to accompany them onto the property to assist them only for such previously described purposes. The Tenant shall not park or leave any motor vehicle on the property except for the purpose of placing, examining or removing their stored items.
Inspection of Unit
9. Madoc Discount Storage or its authorized agents will have the right upon giving 24 hours’ notice to the Tenant to inspect the storage unit or to make any repairs which may be necessary. In cases of emergency (to be determined by Madoc Discount Storage), Madoc Discount Storage or its authorized agents may enter the storage unit without any liability whatsoever to Madoc Discount Storage.
10. The Tenant shall indemnify Madoc Discount Storage for any claims, demands, losses, liabilities, costs, damage of property which Madoc Discount Storage may suffer as a result of the Tenant's use or access of their storage unit or the property.
Liability for Damage or Injury
11. Madoc Discount Storage shall not be liable or responsible for any damage or injury to the Tenant or their property or to any other person or their property, on or in the storage unit area or the access road, driveways or on any part of the property.
Changes to the Storage Unit
12. The Tenant acknowledges that they have had the opportunity to examine the storage unit prior to taking possession and that the condition of the unit is satisfactory to them. The Tenant shall not make any improvements or alterations to the storage unit; this includes but is not limited to the usage of any hooks, screws, shelving or fixtures to the walls or ceiling of the unit.
Storage Unit to be left clean and in good repair
13. At the end of the term of this Agreement, the Tenant shall remove anything and everything stored or placed in the storage unit. Should the Tenant fail to completely empty the unit of all of its contents Madoc Discount Storage will do so at the tenant’s expense. If the storage unit has not been fully cleaned out or has been damaged during the term of this agreement by the tenant or any of its invitees, Madoc Discount Storage will charge the tenant for the repair cost. The minimum charge for the cleaning of any storage unit and the removal and disposal of any abandoned items is $200.
I, the tenant, agree to remove any and all items from the rented storage unit upon completion of the rental term and to leave the unit clean of any waste and debris
Termination of this Agreement
14. The tenant may terminate this agreement in writing by giving a minimum of 14 days’ notice. Rent shall be payable for any unused portion of any month. This Agreement may be terminated by Madoc Discount Storage without notice at any time for failure to abide by the conditions of this agreement. The tenant agrees that upon being notified in writing of the termination of this agreement, they will vacate the storage unit and remove any and all of their items stored on any part of the property without delay. The tenant agrees that any of their items not removed by them will be removed and disposed of, at the tenant’s sole expense.
Non Payment of Rent
15.Should the Tenant fail to pay the rent on the storage unit when it is due, Madoc Discount Storage in its sole and unfettered discretion may seize the Tenant's goods.
After a further 14 days, if the rent is still in default, Madoc Discount Storage will place another Lock on the storage unit.
After a further 30 days, if the rent is still in default, Madoc Discount Storage will remove all items from the storage unit.
After a further 60 days, if the rent is still in default , Madoc Discount Storage will Sell and, or Dispose of the contents of the storage unit.
The Tenant will remain responsible for any rent owing until such time as the storage unit has been re-rented. Madoc Discount Storage many re-rent the storage unit on or after the date of seizure.
The Tenant agrees that any provincial or federal law exempting goods from seizure shall not apply to goods stored at or within the storage unit or on Madoc Discount Storage property.
In addition to this, the Tenant shall remain responsible for the cost of cleaning of any storage unit and the removal and disposal of any abandoned items. The minimum charge for the cleaning of any storage unit and the removal and disposal of any abandoned items is $200.
Assignment and Subletting
16. This Agreement shall not be assigned or sublet by the Tenant.
Refunds and Cancellations
17. No Refund shall be payable for any unused monthly rental or any portion thereof.
I have read all of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement, and further agree to be bound by its terms.
Madoc Discount Storage
Madoc Discount Storage (the "Company") considers "personal information" to be information about an identifiable individual. We do not consider public information found in directories and listings, or business names, addresses and/or contact numbers, to be personal information.
1. Accountability. We identify individuals in our Company who are to be specifically responsible for our compliance with the CSA Code. Their responsibilities include making sure that the Company, our employees and third parties who process personal information on our behalf comply with the CSA Code.
2. Reason for Collection. We collect and use personal information about our customers to identify them, to communicate with them, to protect the Company and its customers against error and fraud, to understand what products and services our customers want, to provide information about our products and services to our customers, and as required or permitted by law.
3. Consent. Before collecting, using or disclosing any personal information, we ensure that we have the individual’s consent in an appropriate form, except where required or permitted by law.
4. Limiting Collection. We collect personal information for the purposes stated above unless we receive consent from the individual to collect it for another purpose or unless required or permitted by law.
Cookies are pieces of information that are transferred from Web sites to your computer’s hard drive and they may serve a variety of purposes (web beacons, Flash cookies and other similar technologies may also be used for these purposes). For example, cookies “remember” you when you return to the Company’s Web sites and make your experience more user-friendly. Cookies help us identify which Web pages of the Company are visited and how often, and to evaluate how our Web sites are used so we can improve these services. Cookies also enable the Company and third parties to deliver targeted advertising to you. The Company adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn how to opt out of advertising-related cookies, click here. You can learn more about third party advertiser cookies by visiting www.youradchoices.ca. If your browsers are configured to reject cookies, or if you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or change web browsers, your opt-out may become ineffective and may need to be repeated.
6. Accuracy. We maintain all personal information in our possession in as accurate, complete and up-to-date form as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
7. Safeguards. We have implemented measures designed to protect all personal information in our possession from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration or inadvertent destruction. We maintain technical, physical and administrative security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
8. Openness. We make this Corporate Privacy Statement readily available in our stores, in our catalogues and on our Web sites. Individuals may make inquiries about our personal information practices and those of our service providers by contacting our privacy officer by telephone (416-892-5989), by mail (Madoc Discount Storage, 18 Fairside Ave, Toronto, M4C 3G9) or by email (email@example.com).
9. Individual Access. We provide individuals with access to the personal information about him or her that we have in our possession, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. Individuals may request access to their personal information in our possession by contacting our privacy officer in writing at the contact information noted above. An individual may also request updating or the correction of inaccuracies in their personal information. In the event that the individual demonstrates that the information that we have in our possession is inaccurate or incomplete, we will make any appropriate changes.
10. Challenging Compliance. An individual may address any issues about our collection, use or disclosure of personal information by contacting our privacy officer by any of the means noted above.
The foregoing is the Corporate Privacy Statement of Madoc Discount Storage, which carries on business in Canada under the name "Madoc Discount Storage".